Oral Surgery Anesthesia Options
- Intravenous (IV) General Anesthesia: Medications are administered through an IV to allow the patient to sleep during the procedure. This technique is generally reserved for young, healthy patients. The depth of anesthesia can be affected by past or present alcohol or drug habits and/or current prescription drugs. A driver will be required with this type of anesthetic.
- IV Sedation: Medications administered through an IV to allow the patient to be in a light sleep during the procedure. This technique is generally utilized to help the anxious patient through the procedure. A driver will be required with this type of anesthetic.
- Oral Sedation with Nitrous Oxide and Local Anesthesia: Two pills are prescribed to the patient. The first pill will be taken one hour prior to surgery. Please be sure to bring the second pill to your surgery appointment with you. Nitrous oxide and local anesthesia are administered once the patient is in the operation room. A driver will be required with this type of anesthetic.
- Nitrous Oxide and Local Anesthesia: Laughing gas is administered and then local anesthesia is delivered.
- Local Anesthesia only: Local anesthetic delivered to “numb” the area to be worked on.
- General Anesthesia in the hospital/surgery center: Patient is taken to the operating room and placed in a general anesthesia plain by an anesthesiologist. A breathing tube is placed and an anesthesia machine is utilized to maintain breathing and to keep the patient asleep. This option is utilized for complex (difficult) procedures, patients who may be difficult to sedate in the office, or patients with health problems who require the care of an anesthesiologist. A driver is required with this type of anesthetic.
Getting sound medical advice from Dr. Chen has been amazing. I'm looking forward to a greater, brighter smile that will restore my confidence. Staff is professional, friendly and willing to help with all my questions. Looking forward to the end result!!
Trust is key to a successful result... I more than trust Dr. Chen~Diana R.10/15/2020
We love the dental depot! Staff was so friendly. I brought my two year old and even though usually new places are hard for him, he really got along well with our Dental Hygenist Beth and Dr. Shake. The train theme is perfect for him too. He was mesmerized by the train suspended from the ceiling. And it was nice for me to relax for the appt!Carley F.9/30/2020
I can't believe how easy and painless a dreadful root-canal process was!
I trust Dr. Chen and he is so experienced and knowledgeable. This dentistry has all the greatest and latest technology and really knows how to handle you with care. The ladies at the front are super nice too, very kind. Everyone there treated me so nicely. All the employees must be very happy because they are so genuinely nice. I am now a customer for life. Thank you more than you know. -Khalid Matroodkmatrood9/30/2020
Bobbie and Nancy were very professional. They were thorough in their work, while making sure I was never in pain. They made time to educate me, and were very accommodating with my requests. Dr Sheikh was incredibly knowledgeable and I felt comfortable being in his care. I never felt pressured to make haste decisions, and the staff was warm n friendly. The procedures I had done were priced lower than my previous dentist, yet I don’t fell as though I’m sacrificing quality of care. Over all a positive experience.Angela D.9/26/2020
I went to Dental Depot to solve a problem with an implant performed by a different dentist. Dental Depot of The Colony provides the same friendly excellent service I was accustomed to from their Highland Village location. Dr Chen is patient, thorough and makes you feel confident as well as comfortable. One note, their Covid precautions are some of the best I have seen. I was initially pretty worried about seeing a dentist during a pandemic but have no concerns about safety in their office. Thank you Dr Chen and staff.David M.9/19/2020
Estimados Pacientes de Dental Depot: Hemos adaptado para garantizar su salud, seguridad, y protección. Hemos establecido la siguiente medida de precaución para asegurar que TODOS (pacientes y miembros del equipo) permanezcamos protegidos. Ciclo de Citas del Paciente Les pedimos a pacientes que lleguen 5 minutes antes para comenzar nuestro proceso de citas. Estamos pidiendo que
En Español Dear Dental Depot Patients: We have adapted to ensure your health, safety, and security. We’ve set in place the following precautionary measures to ensure we ALL (patients & team members) remain protected. Patient Appointment Cycle We are asking our patients to arrive 5 minutes early to start our appointment process. We are asking
How Often Should You Visit The Dentist? One of the most common questions we get from new patients is how many dental checkups they should get per year. The answer to this question largely depends on each individual’s health status and dental history, and therefore should be scheduled at regular intervals as determined by your