Oral Surgery Anesthesia Options
- Intravenous (IV) General Anesthesia: Medications are administered through an IV to allow the patient to sleep during the procedure. This technique is generally reserved for young, healthy patients. The depth of anesthesia can be affected by past or present alcohol or drug habits and/or current prescription drugs. A driver will be required with this type of anesthetic.
- IV Sedation: Medications administered through an IV to allow the patient to be in a light sleep during the procedure. This technique is generally utilized to help the anxious patient through the procedure. A driver will be required with this type of anesthetic.
- Oral Sedation with Nitrous Oxide and Local Anesthesia: Two pills are prescribed to the patient. The first pill will be taken one hour prior to surgery. Please be sure to bring the second pill to your surgery appointment with you. Nitrous oxide and local anesthesia are administered once the patient is in the operation room. A driver will be required with this type of anesthetic.
- Nitrous Oxide and Local Anesthesia: Laughing gas is administered and then local anesthesia is delivered.
- Local Anesthesia only: Local anesthetic delivered to “numb” the area to be worked on.
- General Anesthesia in the hospital/surgery center: Patient is taken to the operating room and placed in a general anesthesia plain by an anesthesiologist. A breathing tube is placed and an anesthesia machine is utilized to maintain breathing and to keep the patient asleep. This option is utilized for complex (difficult) procedures, patients who may be difficult to sedate in the office, or patients with health problems who require the care of an anesthesiologist. A driver is required with this type of anesthetic.
Friendly and welcoming staff. Clean office. Cute trains. It's all a win.
How Often Should You Visit The Dentist? One of the most common questions we get from new patients is how many dental checkups they should get per year. The answer to this question largely depends on each individual’s health status and dental history, and therefore should be scheduled at regular intervals as determined by your
If you haven’t been to the dentist in a while or have been neglecting your dental hygiene, we want to reassure you that it isn’t too late to get back on track and prioritize your dental health. No matter what your age is, how healthy or unhealthy your teeth may currently be or when your
Top Causes of Toothaches If you’ve been experiencing a toothache, we feel your pain. The type of pain brought on when a tooth is distressed can make you feel absolutely miserable, which is why it’s important to figure out the root of the pain and get the proper treatment so you can feel better as
I had an excellent experience. The staff work very well as a team. I was treated with respect. Nothing was done without my consent. I highly recommend this establishment. All of the staff informed me of their part in my process and made sure I understood and agreed. There is not enough good reviews, they deserve the best!
- Jena Green
I’ve been a patient at Dental Depot for a few years now and am quite happy with it. The office is well-organized and efficient, and the staff are warm and friendly. I went for a cleaning and received excellent service from Brenda and Brittney. The only thing that would make my visits better would be music that is softer and more relaxing.🙂
- Deanie Steward
They explain what treatment they recommend in very plain language, and tell you your options. Then they tell you what the cost of each option will be. I appreciate that.
Also, they’re open on Saturday. Hugely convenient. Two thumbs up.
- Mike Ray
It was 2yrs since I visited Delta Depot. The last experience was not very pleasent. Today was awesome!!!! Anna greeted me was very nicely. And Angie. Welcomed me with care concern and honesty. Words can not explain how I appreciate the crew at Dental Depot.
Thank you all N see u in April.
- Stephonie Woodard
Dr.Nguyen and the staff at the 21st and Sheridan location are always very nice and caring. Everyone is personable and easy to communicate with. I feel like Dr.Nguyen is conservative and does not recommend treatments unless it is absolutely necessary, which I really appreciate.
- Sabra Cowart